CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.08Trending at £10.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.77
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.20
- £15.21Trending at £18.61
- £13.83Trending at £19.88
About this product
- DescriptionThis text contains scientific and engineering results from the design of tubular structures. It includes static and fatigue analysis, theoretical and experimental results, calculations of earthquake-resistant structures, analysis of connections and application of structural optimization.
- Author BiographyThis book helps designers and manufacturers to select and develop the most suitable and competitive steel structures, which are safe, fit for production and economic. An optimum design system is used to find the best characteristics of structural models, which guarantee the fulfilment of design and fabrication requirements and minimize the cost function. Realistic numerical models are used as main components of industrial steel structures. Chapter 1 containts some experiences with the optimum design of steel structures Chapter 2 treats some newer mathematical optimization methods. Chapter 3 gives formulae for fabrication times and costs. Chapters 4 deals with beams and columns. Summarizes the Eurocode rules for design. Chapter 5 deals with the design of tubular trusses. Chapter 6 gives the design of frame structures and fire-resistant design rules for a frame. In Chapters 7 some minimum cost design problems of stiffened and cellular plates and shells are worked out for cases of different stiffenings and loads. Chapter 8 gives a cost comparison of cylindrical and conical shells. The book contains a large collection of literatures and a subject list and a name index.
- PublisherSpringer Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication01/05/1999
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleCISM International Centre for Mechanical Sciences
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 394
- Place of PublicationVienna
- Country of PublicationAustria
- ImprintSpringer Verlag GmbH
- Content Notebiography
- Weight556 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJozsef Farkas,Karoly Jarmai
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.