All listings for this product
Best selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.52Trending at £10.89
- £17.99Trending at £21.06
- £16.99Trending at £21.06
- £28.61Trending at £36.00
- £11.89Trending at £13.69
- £2.39Trending at £3.04
- £30.00Trending at £34.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook discusses medical decision making under uncertainty, combining informative test theory with the expected utility hypothesis. Readers will learn how the parameters of Bayes' theorem can be combined with a value function of health states to arrive at informed test and treatment decisions.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. Stefan Felder holds the Chair of Health Economics at the Economics Department of the Duisburg-Essen University. He studied economics and sociology, received his Ph.D. and his venia docendi from the University of Bern. He worked and taught at the University of Western Ontario (1990/92), University of Zurich (1992/1996) and University of Fribourg (1993/95) before joining the Faculties of Medicine and Economics at the University of Magdeburg in 1997. He currently is the general secretary of the German Association of Health Economics. From 2011, he will take over the Endowed Chair of Health Economics at the University of Basel, Switzerland. Thomas Mayrhofer is a Research Associate in the Doctoral Program in Economics at the Chair of Health Economics, University Duisburg-Essen.
- Author(s)Stefan Felder,Thomas Mayrhofer
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication04/10/2014
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight343 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.