All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis refreshing new look at Medieval art conveys a very real sense of the impact of art on everyday life in Europe from 1000 to 1500. It examines the importance of art in the expression and spread of knowledge and ideas, including notions of the heroism and justice of war, and the dominant view of Christianity.
- Author BiographyVeronica Sekules is Head of Education at the Sainsbury Centre, University of East Anglia, and was formerly exhibitions and collections curator. Her original research interests were in the fields of sculpture and liturgical furnishings in England and Europe from the thirteenth to the fifteenth centuries. She has also written about the art patronage and consumption of art by medieval women, and continues to work on these themes. She has published regularly in the fields of visual arts and museum education and modern art.
- Author(s)Veronica Sekules
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/04/2001
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleOxford History of Art
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteYes
- Weight570 g
- Width167 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £10.88Trending at £12.78
- £11.85Trending at £12.26
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.