All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA research summary of the causes and effects of megaflooding on Earth and Mars, for hydrologists, planetary scientists and engineers.
- Author BiographyDevon M. Burr received her education at the United States Naval Academy, St John's College, and the University of Arizona, where she was a Fulbright Fellow. After her PhD in 2003, she worked as the Eugene M. Shoemaker Fellow at the United States Geological Survey Astrogeology Branch before moving to the Carl Sagan Center for the Study of Life in the Universe. She is currently a Professor in the Earth and Planetary Sciences Department at the University of Tennessee Knoxville, where she specializes in planetary geomorphology and fluid sediment transport. Paul A. Carling obtained his first degree in Geography from the University of Leicester and a PhD from the University of Wales (Swansea) for research into intertidal sedimentation. He worked for what is now known as the UK Centre for Hydrology and Ecology from 1977 to 1994, before taking up a Professorship in Geography at the University of Lancaster. He took up the post of Professor of Physical Geography at the University of Southampton in 2000, and is currently chief editor of the journal Sedimentology. Victor R. Baker holds degrees from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and the University of Colorado. He was a faculty member at the University of Texas, before joining the University of Arizona where he is presently Regents Professor of Hydrology and Water Resources, Geosciences, and Planetary Sciences. He is author/editor of 14 other books on flooding and geomorphology, and currently serves on editorial boards for the journals Geomorphology and Zeitschrift fur Geomorphologie.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/09/2009
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note57 b/w illus. 32 colour illus. 12 tables
- Weight1220 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDevon M. Burr,Paul A. Carling,Victor R. Baker
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.84Trending at £5.19
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.