All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDifficult Pasts provides a wide-ranging discussion of contemporary Germany's rich memorial landscape. It discusses the many memorials to German losses during the Second World War, to the victims of National Socialism and to those of GDR socialism. With up-to-date coverage of many less well-known memorials as well as the most publicised ones.
- Author BiographyBILL NIVEN is Professor of Contemporary German History at Nottingham Trent University, UK. He is author of Facing the Nazi Past and is currently preparing a book called A Post-Holocaust History of Germany, 1945-2010, and editing a volume on the history and memory of the sinking of the Wilhelm Gustloff. CHLOE PAVER is Senior Lecturer in German at the University of Exeter, UK. Recent publications include Refractions of the Third Reich in German and Austrian Fiction and Film and a series of articles on historical exhibitions about the National Socialist era. She was a Humboldt Fellow at the University of Konstanz in 2006-07.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/12/2009
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight817 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBill Niven,Chloe Paver
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.73Trending at £26.51
- £20.23Trending at £20.58
- £10.16Trending at £14.50
- £9.48Trending at £10.20
- £11.45Trending at £16.99
- £12.01Trending at £12.98
- £5.80Trending at £8.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.