All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of the panoply of exotic animals that were brought into Britain from time immemorial until the foundation of the London Zoo. A tale replete with the extravagant, the eccentric, and - on occasion - the downright bizarre.
- Author BiographyA zoologist, formerly a curator in the Museums of the Royal College of Surgeons, Caroline Grigson is now an honorary professor at the UCL Institute of Archaeology. The subjects of her numerous publications range from prehistoric animal husbandry to the study of natural history and its relationship to art in eighteenth century London.
- Author(s)Caroline Grigson
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note27 b&w halftones; 8pp colour plates
- Weight682 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.07Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £9.85Trending at £10.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.