All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes discussions on coaching, working with underachieving students and supporting students with disabilities and special educational needs.
- Author BiographyNeil Gopee is a Lecturer in the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences at Coventry University, and has until recently also been Associate Lecturer at the Open University. Neil's role as external examiner at various higher education institutions has further broadened his insights into the two subject areas that he teaches and researchs: first, learning, teaching and assessment in relation to undergraduate and postgraduate students; and, second, management and leadership in healthcare settings. Neil: I first qualified as a nurse a few decades ago and worked in general surgical nursing for a year before moving on to complete the registered mental health nurse course. Through my nursing career, a combination of clinical experiences in primary care and general intensive care nursing was also supplemented by attendance at numerous professional development short and long courses, including various workshops on writing for publication, and also completing my doctorate in continuing professional education at University of Warwick. My first peer-reviewed article was published in 1991 based on my then nurse tutor role. The 1990s were when nurse education programmes became a part of university provision, which further opened up authoring opportunities, and I negotiated with Alison Poyner, Commissioning Editor at SAGE Publications, to write the Mentoring and Supervision in Healthcare book, the first edition of which was published in 2007. Along the way, I also worked with SAGE Publications to write Leadership and Management in Healthcare (now in its second edition) and Practice Teaching in Healthcare textbooks. I have also had chapters published in edited books and a range of peer-reviewed articles.
- Author(s)Neil Gopee
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication13/03/2015
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width165 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £34.99Trending at £59.27
- £14.08Trending at £18.99
- £6.92Trending at £7.30
- £10.67Trending at £11.25
- £9.51Trending at £12.43
- £16.63Trending at £17.94
- £15.95Trending at £16.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.