All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeteorites are rocks from space that have fallen to the Earth's surface. This book provides an introduction to these mysterious objects. It reveals what meteorites are, where they are most likely to be found and the environments which allow this, and the type of parent bodies that they come from. It contains the information on key meteorite falls.
- Author BiographyThe book is a collaboration by experts at the Natural History Museum, London. Dr Caroline Smith is the Curator of Meteorites in the Mineralogy Department. Dr Sara Russell is the Head of Meteoritics and Cosmic Mineralogy in the Mineralogy Department. Dr Gretchen Benedix works as a researcher in the Mineralogy Department.
- Author(s)Caroline Smith,Gretchen Benedix,Sara Russell
- PublisherThe Natural History Museum
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Natural History Museum
- Content Noteover 100 colour photographs
- Weight400 g
- Width192 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine70 mm
Most relevant reviews
- handbag000008 Feb, 2017by
Great value Item
Good photos throughout, not much info though
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.29
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.13Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £13.91
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.