Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.98Trending at £27.22
- £4.39Trending at £4.76
- £8.25Trending at £8.93
- £8.99Trending at £9.58
- £26.68Trending at £27.22
- £8.94Trending at £9.25
- £14.54Trending at £15.19
About this product
- DescriptionAt the dawn of the talkies, one of the most popular genres was the gangster film, through which the city was often portrayed as a powerful force that sent poor souls to their doom. This work considers the development of the cyber-city where urban exiles use their computers to re-imagine the cities of their youth as safe, and warm places.
- Author BiographyRobert Zecker is Professor of History at Saint Francis Xavier University in Nova Scotia. He has taught courses on immigration and ethnicity, race in America, U.S. social movements, class, and urban studies, and has published numerous articles and a book chapter on immigration.
- Author(s)Robert M. Zecker
- Date of Publication30/12/2007
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight592 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.