All listings for this product
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £20.73Trending at £21.18
- £7.45Trending at £7.75
- £23.91Trending at £29.31
- £36.27Trending at £36.93
- £28.35Trending at £31.55
- £28.91Trending at £36.89
- £34.79Trending at £38.27
About this product
- DescriptionAims to help the new collector in successful purchasing. Would-be buyers need not be experts to understand the tips which will help them authenticate, date and identify antiques - and spot the fakes. All the major areas are covered, from furniture and pottery to art deco and dolls.
- Author BiographyJudith Miller began collecting in the 1960s while a student at Edinburgh University in Scotland. She has since become one of the world's leading antiques experts in the field. In 1979 she co-founded the international best-seller Miller's Antiques Price Guide and has since written more than 100 books. Judith Miller appears regularly on TV and radio. She is an expert on the BBC's 'Antiques Roadshow' and hosted the BBC TV series 'The House Detectives', ITV's 'Antiques Trail', and Discovery's 'It's Your Bid'. She has appeared on 'The Martha Stewart Show' and CNN. She is a regular lecturer and contributor to numerous newspapers and magazines, including Financial Times, BBC Homes & Antiques and House & Garden. She has lectured extensively, including at the V&A in London and the Smithsonian in Washington.
- Author(s)Judith H. Miller,Martin Miller
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/09/1993
- GenreAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMiller's Publications
- Out-of-print date28/10/2003
- Content Note500 colour and 200 b&w illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width147 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- kevin.barker23 Nov, 2016by
Not a book for the avid up to date coin collector OK for some basic info and the older collector sorry not for me.kev b
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.