All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
About this product
- Author(s)Kathleen Restifo,Susan Bogels
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/09/2013
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleMindfulness in Behavioral Health
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight720 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Table Of ContentsForeword.- Part I. Theoretical and Empirical Background.- Chapter 1. Introduction to Mindful Parenting.- Chapter 2. An Evolutionary Perspective on Parenting and Parenting Stress.- Chapter 3. Effects of the Mindful Parenting Course.- Part II. Mindful Parenting: A Guide to the 8 Week Program.- Chapter 4: Overview and Guidelines for the Mindful Parenting Program.- Chapter 5: Session 1: Automatic Parenting.- Chapter 6: Session 2: Beginner's Mind Parenting.- Chapter 7: Session 3: Reconnecting with our Body as a Parent.- Chapter 8: Session 4: Responding vs. Reacting to Parenting Stress.- Chapter 9: Session 5: Parenting Patterns and Schemas.- Chapter 10: Session 6: Conflict and Parenting.- Chapter 11: Session 7: Love and Limits.- Chapter 12: Session 8: Are We There yet? A Mindful Path Through Parenting.- Chapter 13: Follow-up Session: Each Time, Beginning Anew.- Chapter 14: Voices of the Parents: Life After the Mindful Parenting Course.
- Author BiographySusan Bogels, Ph.D., is a professor in Developmental Psychopathology at the University of Amsterdam. Her research focuses on the intergenerational transmission of psychopathology, through parent-child and family interactions, with a specific focus on the father, on the role of attentional processes in psychopathology, and on child and family interventions, including mindfulness. She is also the director of the academic center for the treatment of parents and children, UvA minds, in which evidence-based cognitive-behavioral and mindfulness interventions are offered to families. She is a member of the workgroup on Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive Spectrum, PostTraumatic, and Dissociative Disorders of the DSM-5. Kathleen Restifo, Ph.D., is a clinical and developmental psychologist specializing in family interventions for children and parents with emotional disorders. She is a practicing family therapist and a mindfulness trainer. Her clinical interests include integrating mindfulness and compassion practices with psychotherapeutic approaches for children, couples and families. Her research interests include evolutionary perspectives on parenting stress, effects of mindfulness-based interventions on children, and family processes in development of psychopathology. She is the founder of Mindful Families, a center which provides mindfulness and psychotherapy for children, parents and families, and is adjunct faculty at the University of Maastricht in the Netherlands.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.