Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £8.95Trending at £9.95
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £24.93Trending at £25.93
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
- £21.48Trending at £29.18
- £7.66Trending at £9.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe texts in Minima Philologica, 95 Theses on Philology and For-Philology, release philology from institutional fetters, reveal its affinity with the nature of language, and teach us how to practice it on the model of poetry. Poetry is first philology because language routinely moves beyond the categories applied to it. To practice philology is to desire (philein) this frightening excess of language.
- Author BiographyWerner Hamacher is Emmanuel Levinas Professor of Philosophy at the European Graduate School and Professor Emeritus of General and Comparative Literature at the Goethe University Frankfurt. Catharine Diehl, a Ph.D. from Princeton University, is a research assistant in Philosophy at Humboldt University of Berlin. Jason Groves is a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures at Yale University.
- Author(s)Werner Hamacher
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication02/03/2015
- GenreLiterary Theory
- Series TitleIdiom: Inventing Writing Theory
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Translated byCatharine Diehl,Jason Groves
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.