Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.08Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.20
- £15.21Trending at £18.61
- £13.83Trending at £19.88
About this product
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleFood Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note31 Tables, black and white; 21 Illustrations, color; 16 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 306 p. 37 illus., 21 illus. in color.
- Weight672 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byMohammad Shafiur Rahman,Mohammed Wasim Siddiqui
- Edition Statement2015 ed.
- Table Of Contents1. Minimally Processed Foods.- 2. Hurdle Technology in Food Preservation.- 3. Packaging Methods for Minimally Processed Foods.- 4. Washing, Peeling, and Slicing of Fresh-Cut Fruits and Vegetables.- 5. Technologies in Fresh-Cut Fruits and Vegetables.- 6. Trends, Convenience and Safety Issues of Ready Meals.- 7. Processing, Storage and Quality of Cooked-Chilled or Cooked-Frozen Foods.- 8. Part-Baked Products.- 9. Processing, Quality and Storage of Part-Baked Products.- 10. Minimally Processed Meat and Fish Products.- 11. Processing, Quality and Safety of Irradiated and High Pressure-Processed Meat and Seafood Products.- 12. Food Security: Challenges and Perspectives in Minimally Processed Foods.
- Author BiographyDr. Md. Wasim Siddiqui is an Assistant Professor and Scientist in the Department of Food Science and Technology, Bihar Agricultural University, India and author or co-author of 25 peer reviewed journal articles, 13 book chapters, and 16 conference papers. He has 30 books to his credit published from Apple Academic Press and CRC Press, USA. Dr. Siddiqui has established an international peer reviewed `Journal of Postharvest Technology' and serving as Managing Editor. He has also been serving as an editorial board member of several journals. Dr. Siddiqui is an Acquisitions Editor in Apple Academic Press, New Jersey, USA for Horticultural Science. He has been honored to be the Editor-in-Chief of a book series entitled Postharvest Biology and Technology being published from Apple Academic Press, New Jersey, USA. He has also been serving as an editorial board member of several journals. Dr. Siddiqui has been associated to postharvest technology and processing aspects of horticultural crops. He is dynamically indulged in teaching (graduate and doctorate students) and research, and he has proved himself as an active scientist in the area of Postharvest Technology.Professor Shafiur Rahman is the author/co-author of over 300 technical articles including more than 100 journal papers and 8 books. He is the author of the internationally acclaimed and award-wining Food Properties Handbook, and editor of the popular Handbook of Food Preservation published by CRC Press, Florida. First editions received the bestseller recognition and the second edition is now released. First edition was translated into Spanish. He was invited to serve as one of the Associate Editors for the Handbook of Food Science, Engineering and Technology, and one of the Editors for the Handbook of Food and Bioprocess Modeling Techniques published by CRC Press, FL. He has initiated the International Journal of Food Properties and serving as the founding Editor-in-Chief for more than 15 years, and serving in the editorial boards of 10 international journals and book series. He is a member in the Food Engineering Series Editorial Board of Springer Science, New York. He is serving as a Section Editor for the Sultan Qaboos University journal Agricultural Sciences. He has initiated and served as the Founding Chair of the International Conference on Food Properties (iCFP). He received the HortResearch Chairman's Award, BRAP Award, CAMS Outstanding Researcher Award 2003, and SQU Distinction in Research Award 2008. In 2008, Professor Rahman has ranked among the top five Leading Scientists and Engineers of 57 OIC Member Countries in the Agroscience Discipline.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.