All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents a selection of papers from the first international conference of the Irish Network in Formal Linguistics (INFL). INFL is well placed to attract expertise on both microvariation and the linguistics of the Celtic languages, and the volume reflects this expertise.
- Author BiographyDr Catrin S. Rhys is Lecturer in Linguistics at the University of Ulster. Her early publications and doctoral research examine the syntax-semantics interface in Mandarin Chinese. Her current research and publications have shifted focus to the formal properties of talk-in-interaction primarily in institutional and clinical contexts and the interface between language structure and use. Dr Pavel Iosad is Lecturer in Theoretical Phonology at the University of Edinburgh. He is interested in the interfaces of phonology with phonetics and morphosyntax and the implications of laboratory and variationist findings for formal theorizing. He has published mostly on the Celtic languages, but also on Romance, Slavic, and Germanic varieties. Professor Alison Henry is Professor of Linguistics at the University of Ulster. She is internationally renowned for her work on microvariation, particularly in relation to the syntax of Belfast English and other Northern Irish English dialects. She is also interested in language acquisition, including the acquisition of aspects of microvariation in syntax.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAlison Henry,Catrin S. Rhys,Pavel Iosad
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £15.12Trending at £15.91
- £6.23Trending at £8.14
- £27.74Trending at £29.59
- £8.09Trending at £10.18
- £5.99Trending at £6.39
- £25.19Trending at £28.87
- £9.94Trending at £10.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.