All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £7.85Trending at £8.62
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
- £8.49Trending at £8.94
About this product
- DescriptionDocuments photographer George Mitchell's 1967 trip to Mississippi, where he searched for then unrecorded blues musicians including R L Burnside, Jessie Mae Hemphill, and Othar Turner. In this book, the historic photographs capture a vibrant blues tradition at the moment of its discovery.
- Author BiographyGeorge Mitchell, Fort Myers, Florida, conducted field research and recorded blues musicians from the 1960s into the 1980s in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and Tennessee. He also produced blues concerts, festivals, and television programs. He has published seven books of photographs and edited interviews.
- Author(s)George Mitchell
- PublisherUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- Series TitleAmerican Made Music Series
- Place of PublicationJackson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Content Note996 black & white photographs
- Weight1057 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.