Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £15.84Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionMisunderstandings in ATC Communication offers an in-depth report of a seminal study in aviation communication, which until now has only been available in the form of an unpublished dissertation. In addition, it offers a recent extension of that work, the authors' reflections on the research process.
- Author BiographyImmanuel Barshi is a Senior Principal Investigator in the Human Systems Integration Division at NASA Ames Research Center. His current research addresses cognitive issues involved in the skilled performance of astronauts and pilots, as well as mission controllers and air traffic controllers, their ability to manage challenging situations, and their vulnerability to error. Among the topics investigated by his research group are spatial reasoning, decision making, risk assessment, communication, and skill acquisition and retention. The results of his work have been implemented in checklist design, operational procedures, and training programs in space, aviation, medicine, and nuclear facilities. Dr. Barshi holds PhDs in Linguistics and in Cognitive Psychology. He has published books and papers in basic and applied psychology, linguistics, and aviation. He holds Airline Transport Pilot certificate with A320, A330, B737, and CE500 Type Ratings; he is also a certified flight instructor for airplanes and helicopters, with over 35 years of flight experience. Candace Farris is a doctoral candidate at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. Her current research addresses interaction between controllers and pilots in radio communication, with the objective of identifying skills required for successful communication in the global aviation context. Her findings are applicable to the field of aviation communications training and assessment for native and non-native speakers alike. Candace has over 10 years experience in aviation, having worked in the airline industry and as a consultant for the International Civil Aviation Organization.
- Author(s)Candace Farris,Immanuel Barshi
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/07/2010
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleAshgate Studies in Human Factors for Flight Operations
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 39 b&w illustrations
- Weight638 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Sidney Dekker,Dr. R. Key Dismukes,Captain Daniel E. Maurino
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.