All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, first published in 2006, draws on a broad range of social data collection methods to formulate a set of data collection approaches.
- Author BiographyWilliam G. Axinn is a Sociologist Demographer and Research Professor at the Survey Research Center and Population Studies Center of the Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan. He has directed the Population and Ecology Research Laboratory in Nepal for thirteen years. In the United States he is co-Principal Investigator of the Intergenerational Panel Study of Parents and Children (a 31-year longitudinal study) and Deputy Director of the National Survey of Family Growth (a national repeated cross-section study of US families conducted by the National Center for Health Statistics). Lisa D. Pearce is an Assistant Professor of Sociology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Her research articles have appeared in journals such as the American Sociological Review, Social Forces, Sociological Methodology, and the Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion. She is Co-Principal Investigator of the National Study of Youth and Religion, a three-year, multi-method panel study of the role of religion in the lives of American youth. In Nepal, she is co-Investigator on the large scale population and environment project directed by Axinn. She was recently selected as a 2005 William T. Grant Scholar to further her work on religion and well-being among youth.
- Author(s)Lisa D. Pearce,William G. Axinn
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2006
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleNew Perspectives on Anthropological and Social Demography
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note13 tables
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Series Edited byDavid I. Kertzer,Dennis P. Hogan,Jack Caldwell,Andrew Cherlin,Tom Fricke,Frances Goldscheider,Susan Greenhalgh,Richard Smith
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.80Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.