CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Fiction
Save on Other Fiction
- £26.24Trending at £26.65
- £19.10Trending at £22.86
- £82.42Trending at £135.54
- £15.21Trending at £16.68
- £23.61Trending at £39.99
- £12.43Trending at £15.57
- £11.09Trending at £15.10
About this product
- DescriptionIn the twenty-first century, everything and everybody seems to be on the move. Global flows of people, goods, food, money, information, services and media images are form an intensely mobile background to everyday life. This book addresses the challenges and opportunities of researching mobile phenomena.
- Author BiographyMonika Buscher is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at Lancaster University. She is a member of the Centre for Mobilities Research and Co-director of the Mobilities Lab - an interdisciplinary research laboratory. Her recent books include Configuring user-designer relations: Interdisciplinary perspectives (Springer, 2009), Ethnographies of Diagnostic Work (Palgrave, 2009) and Design research: Synergies from Interdisciplinary Perspectives (Routledge, 2010). John Urry is Distinguished Professor of Sociology at Lancaster University, where he is also Director of the Centre for Mobilities Research. His recent books include Sociology Beyond Societies (Routledge 2000), Mobile Technologies of the City (Routledge 2006), Mobilities (Polity 2007), Aeromobilities (Routledge 2009) and Mobile Lives (Routledge 2010). Katian Witchger is a PhD student in Humanities at the Center for Interdisciplinary Studies on Society and Culture, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec. Her current research interests include digital objects, sound recording, online music, intellectual property law and the Internet.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/08/2010
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations, 31 black & white halftones, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byKatian Witchger,Monika Buscher,Professor John Urry
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.