All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/10/2012
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight802 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byLorenzo Magnani,N.J. Nersessian
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
- Table Of ContentsMetaphor-Based Values in Scientific Models; M. Johnson. Analogy in Scientific Discovery: The Case of Johannes Kepler; D. Gentner. Model Experiments and Models in Experiments; M.S. Morgan. Calibration of Models in Experiments; M. Boumans. The Development of Scientific Taxonomies; H. Andersen. Production, Science and Epistemology. An Overview on New Models and Scenarios; S. Turchetti, et al. Modeling Practices and 'Tradition'; E. Kurz-Milcke, L. Martignon. Modeling Data: Analogies in Neural Networks, Simulated Annealing and Genetic Algorithms; D.M. Bailer-Jones, C.A.L. Bailer-Jones. Perceptual Simulation in Analogical Problem Solving; D.L. Craig, et al. Building Demand Models to Improve Environmental Policy Process; B.G. Norton. Toward a Computational Model of Hypothesis Formation and Model Building in Science; J. Phillips, et al. Models as Parts of Distributed Cognitive Systems; R.N. Giere. Conceptual Models, Inquiry and the Problem of Deriving Normative Claims from a Naturalistic Base; A. Ward. Dynamic Imagery: A Computational Model of Motion and Visual Analogy; D. Croft, P. Thagard. Model-Based Reasoning and Similarity in the World; Qiming Yu. Epistemic Artifacts: Michael Faraday's Search for the Optical Effects of Gold; R.D. Tweney. Deterministic Models and the 'Unimportance of the Inevitable'; C. Pizzi. Mental Models in Conceptual Development; S. Vosniadou. Modeling Core Knowledge and Practices in a Computational Approach to Innovation Process; S. Bandini, S. Manzoni. Author Index. Subject Index.
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.