All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Very Short Introduction addresses the themes, developments, and controversies that have shaped Modern China. Covering a range of social issues, Rana Mitter provides a contemporary view of the world's most populous nation, with a new acknowledgement of China's changing foreign policy, and its unique engagement with the internet.
- Author BiographyRana Mitter is Professor of the History and Politics of Modern China and Director of the University China Centre at the University of Oxford. He is the author or editor of several books, including The Manchurian Myth: Nationalism, Resistance, and Collaboration in Modern China (University of California Press, 2000) and A Bitter Revolution: China's Struggle with the Modern World (OUP, 2004). His most recent book is China's War with Japan, 1937-1945 (Penguin, 2014), which won the 2014 Duke of Westminster's Medal for Military Literature, and was a 2014 CHOICE Outstanding Academic Title. He is a presenter for BBC Radio 3's arts and ideas programme, Free Thinking.
- Author(s)Rana Mitter
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note12 black and white halftones
- Weight132 g
- Width113 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.