All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Rolf Behling
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication07/07/2015
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note275 black & white illustrations, 13 colour illustrations, 8 black & white tables
- Weight952 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface Acknowledgments Author Symbols Historical Introduction and Survey The Discovery in Fall 1895 The Early Days of X-rays Major Steps of Progress References Physics of Generation of Bremsstrahlung Acceleration of Electrons Efficiency of Energy Conversion The X-ray Continuum Spectrum Characteristic Radiation Characteristic Radiation and Discontinuous Attenuation Theory of the Angular Distribution of the Continuum Radiation Angular Distribution of Characteristic Radiation Polarization Theory of Electron Scatter in the Anode Electron Backscatter The Thomson-Whiddington Law in More Detail Measured and Simulated Isotropic X-ray Intensity Distribution The Heel Effect References The Interaction of X-rays with Matter Basics of the Attenuation of X-rays X-ray Refraction and X-ray Lenses Thomson Scattering Rayleigh Scattering Compton Scattering Photoelectric Absorption References More Background on Medical Imaging Non-X-ray Methods X-ray Imaging Spectral Imaging Phase-Contrast Imaging Fluorescence Imaging Polarized X-rays References Imaging Modalities and Challenges Computed Tomography Cardio and Vascular Imaging Radiographic Systems Radiography/Fluoroscopy (R/F) Systems Mammography Systems Surgical C-Arm Systems with Monoblocks References Diagnostic X-ray Sources from the Inside Working Principle and Types of Medical X-ray Tubes Tube Components in Detail The Tube Frame Maintaining Vacuum Vacuum Discharges and High-Voltage Stability References Housings, System Interfacing, and Auxiliary Equipment X-ray Source Assembly Radiation Shield Beam Quality Beam Limitation Protection Against Implosion and Explosion Cooling References The Source of Power Basic Functionality of the X-ray Generator High-Voltage Chain Sensing Tube Voltage and Current Energy Quantization Voltage Ripple Dual-Energy (Dual X-ray Color) Imaging Filament Heating and Emission Control Grid and Electrostatic Deflection Supply Multiple Tubes Other Auxiliary Supplies Tube Temperature Supervision Dose Control Matching Generator and Tube Monoblocks References Manufacturing, Service, and Tube Replacement Manufacturing of X-ray Tubes Process-Oriented versus Assembly-Oriented Production Production Yield Installation and Service Tube Replacement and Recycling Recycling Reference X-ray Source Development for Medical Imaging Application Trends for the Development of Medical X-ray Sources Developments Which Did Not (Yet?) Make it to the Marketplace Candidates for Next-Generation Bremsstrahlung Sources Dream and Reality: Deficits of Bremsstrahlung Sources Nonbremsstrahlung Sources of X-rays for Imaging Industrial Development of Novel X-ray Sources References Index
- Author BiographyRolf Behling holds a diploma in physics from the University of Hamburg, Germany. During more than 30 years in the medical industry he has held many positions, including department head of tube technology development, global project coordination manager, global innovation manager, head of marketing and field support for X-ray tubes, department head for X-ray tube development, project manager, and process physicist. The first spiral-groove-bearing X-ray tube was developed under his leadership. He currently heads the Philips Group for Advanced Development of X-ray Tubes and X-ray Generators at Philips HealthTech in Hamburg. He is a part-time lecturer at the University of Hamburg and has written numerous patents and publications in vacuum technology and medical imaging.
Best selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £115.09Trending at £123.80
- £34.99Trending at £59.27
- £42.56Trending at £48.92
- £14.08Trending at £18.99
- £6.92Trending at £7.30
- £10.67Trending at £11.25
- £8.85Trending at £8.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.