All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.54Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
About this product
- DescriptionA survey of the thought about painting and sculpture from the early 18th to the mid-19th centuries. Barasch studies the opinions of the artists and treats the doctrines of philosophers, poets and critics of this period, thus tracing the development of modernism in art and art theory.
- Author BiographyMoshe Barasch was Jack Cotton Professor of Architecture and Fine Arts at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He wrote numerous books including Icon, Theories of Art, and Modern Theories of Art I and II, all published by NYU Press. A winner of the Israel Prize in 1996, he was elected corresponding member of the Heidelberg Academy of Sciences.
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1990
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Note31 b&w illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byMoshe Barasch
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.