CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.68Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionEast Asia is used as a unit of political and economic analysis to reveal an approach to modernisation that is distinct from the Western model. Each chapter takes at least one country as its topic. There is also a comparative and regional perspective provided within many of the contributions.
- Author BiographyRICHARD HARVEY BROWN is a Professor of Sociology at the University of Maryland, College Park, and President of the Washington Institute for Social Research. His current research interests are in the comparative political economy and cultural psychology of developing societies and advanced capitalist states. He has written or edited six volumes in this area. Dr. Brown is internationally reknowned as a theorist of the social sciences and has lectured in major universities of Europe, East Asia, Latin America, and the United States. WILLIAM T. LIU is a founder of the Center for East-West Studies in Hong Kong. His research interests are in social change and East-West relations as they are associated with international migration. Dr. Liu's academic life includes more than a decade of teaching at the University of Notre Dame, where he served as Chairman of the Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Associate Dean of the College of Arts and Letters, Director of the Social Science Research and Training Institute, and Director of the Center for the Study of Man in Contemporary Society. He has written or edited 8 volumes, and more than 100 papers in scientific journals, chapters in books, and proceedings.
- Date of Publication22/07/1992
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight462 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byRichard Harvey Brown,William T. Liu
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.