All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together over thirty years of detailed ethnographic research on the Menraq of Malaysia, this book analyses and documents the experience of development and modernization in tribal communities. It traces the transformation of the lives of Menraq resulting from resettlement, development, and various 'civilizing projects'.
- Author BiographyAlberto Gomes is Senior Lecturer in Anthropology at La Trobe University, Australia. His books include Looking for Money (COAC and Trans Pacific Press, 2004) and Malaysia and the Original People (with R. Dentan, K. Endicott, and M. B. Hooker, Allyn and Bacon, 1997). .
- Author(s)Alberto G. Gomes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/2007
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleThe Modern Anthropology of Southeast Asia
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables, 22 black & white halftones, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.