All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number265
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note149 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight666 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJean M. Lauder
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
- Table Of ContentsGene and Phenotypic Expression.- Transient Induction of Gene Expression in the Nervous System in Response to Extracellular Signals.- Developmental Regulation of Myelin-Associated Genes in the Normal and the Myelin Deficient Mutant Rat.- Analysis of Glial Scarring in the Mammalian CNS with a GFAP cDNA Probe.- Regulation of the Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein (GFAP) and of its Encoding mRNA in the Developing Brain and in Cultured Astrocytes.- Cell Lineage Studies in Avian Neural Crest Ontogeny.- Growth Factors and Oncogenes.- Characterization of Trophic Factors Stored and Secreted by Neurons.- Neuropeptides as Positive or Negative Neuronal Growth Regulatory Factors: Effects of ACTH and Leuenkephalin on Cultured Serotonergic Neurons.- Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor Affects and Survival and Development of Mesencephalic Neurons in Culture.- Role of Trophic Factors in Neuronal Aging.- Localization of the Normal Cellular SRC Protein to the Growth Cone of Differentiating Neurons in Brain and Retina.- A Role of RAS Oncogenes in Carcinogenesis and Differentiation.- Neuronal Localization of the Nerve Growth Factor Precursor-Like Immunoreactivity in the Cortex and Hippocampus of the Rat Brain.- Development of NILE Glycoprotein in Chick Brain.- Cytoskeletal and Extracellular Molecules.- Structural and Molecular Polarity in Retinal Photoreceptor Neurons: Roles for the Cytoskeleton.- Matrix Interactions Regulating Myelinogenesis in Cultured Oligodendrocytes.- Cerebellar Granule Cell Migration Involves Proteolysis.- Neural Cell Adhesion Molecule as a Regulator of Cell-Cell Interactions.- Structure and Function of the Neural Cell Adhesion Molecules NCAM and Ll.- Monosialogangliosides and their Action in Modulating Neuroplastic Behaviors of Neuronal Cells.- Neurotransmitters and Hormones.- Serotonin and Morphogenesis in the Cultured Mouse Embryo.- Neurotransmitter Activation of Second Messenger Pathways for the Control of Growth Cone Behaviors.- Dibutyryl Cyclic AMP Treatment of Astrocytes in Primary Cultures as a Substitute for Normal Morphogenic and 'Functiogenic' Transmitter Signals.- The Ontogeny of Adrenergic Fibers in Rat Spinal Cord.- Early Experimental Influences on Serotonin Pathways During Brain Development.- Ontogeny of the Glucocorticoid Receptor in the Rat Brain.- Molecular Aspects of Aging and Alzheimer's Disease.- Molecular Genetic Approaches in the Therapy of Alzheimer's Disease.- Tau Protein: Its Presence and Metabolism in Human Neuroblastoma Cells.- Genetics of the Alzheimer Amyloid Protein Precursor.- Aberrant Protein Kinase C Cascades in Alzheimer's Disease.- Developmental Expression of Amyloid Precursor Protein in Normal and Trisomy 16 Mice.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £10.86
- £6.68Trending at £7.34
- £12.10Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.02Trending at £5.99
- £11.96Trending at £12.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.