All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £5.19
- £6.40Trending at £7.38
- £10.25Trending at £11.39
- £12.10Trending at £13.61
- £10.87Trending at £12.77
- £4.50Trending at £6.04
- £23.94Trending at £24.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis ethnography reveals how, faced with violence, economic insecurity, and volatile relations, Xhosa migrants in Cape Town, South Africa, establish burial societies and credit groups. It examines the urban poor's day-to-day struggles over money in post-apartheid South Africa.
- Author BiographyErik Bahre, Ph.D. (2003) Amsterdam School for Social Science Research, University of Amsterdam is an Economic Anthropologist. His current research at AMIDSt, University of Amsterdam is on insurances in South Africa.
- Author(s)Erik Bahre
- Date of Publication26/03/2007
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleAfrika-Studiecentrum Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight375 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.