All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- Author(s)Laural A. Bidwell
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Handbooks
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteFull Color maps and photos throughout
- Weight285 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
- Author BiographyLaural A. Bidwell grew up in Connecticut but left the rolling hills of the East years ago for the wide-open spaces of the American West. She first lived in Colorado Springs, then moved on to Denver before finally finding her home in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Like many, Laural discovered South Dakota more by accident than on purpose: on a rambling road trip, drifting north and east across the plains, she glanced at her map and realized she was within an hour of South Dakota, a state she'd never before visited. She decided to head for the border town of Ardmore to get gas and stay the night. Ardmore had (and still has) a population of four. There was no gas station. There was no place to stay. The dot on the map was larger than the town. Low on gas, she forged on to the next town on the map--Hot Springs--where she got gas, found a place to stay, and discovered the Black Hills. It was love at first sight: from the prairie grasslands and rolling hills of the south to the otherworldly badlands of the east to the craggy peaks and granite spires of the north, the Black Hills offer an amazing diversity of outdoor opportunities and scenic beauty. Now living in Hot Springs and playing in the beautiful Black Hills, Laural still enjoys road trips, as well as writing and spending time with her husband, Jim; her golden retrievers, Willow and Maverick; and her cat, Spike.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.