All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn More Than a Numbers Game, practitioner and financial expert Tom King examines the key issues and events that have transformed accounting from a tool used by 19th century American railroad managers to communicate with absent British investors into an enabler of corporate fraud during the 2002 telecom crash.
- Author BiographyTHOMAS A. KING is treasurer of Progressive Insurance, which is regarded as one of the most innovative companies in the insurance business. He grew up in Racine, Wisconsin, and studied liberal arts at Harvard College. King worked for three years on the New York audit staff of Arthur Andersen & Co., earned an MS in accounting from New York University, and obtained CPA and CMA certification. After receiving an MBA from Harvard Business School, he joined Progressive Insurance in Cleveland. King spent ten years in marketing and general management before returning to accounting. Since then, he has served as corporate controller, investment strategist, and treasurer. At Progressive, King helped craft financial policies that support business objectives and managed investor relations when the company became the first to report monthly financial results.
- Author(s)Thomas A. King
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/08/2006
- GenreFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight442 g
- Width163 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £21.00Trending at £27.99
- £27.03Trending at £28.42
- £41.09Trending at £42.49
- £39.99Trending at £41.92
- £36.75Trending at £39.88
- £12.89Trending at £15.40
- £7.79Trending at £14.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.