All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a simple, cost effective, and operationally feasible surveillance tool specially designed to capture predominantly day resting adult mosquitoes, the principal Japanese Encephalitis (JE) vector species.
- Author BiographyDr Bina Pani Das, Ph. D., is a Medical Entomologist and Former Joint Director, NICD, Delhi wherein she was associated from 1985 to 2007 in field oriented research related to mosquito borne diseases of great public health concern like malaria, dengue/Chikungunya and Japanese encephalitis. At present, she is with Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi, in connection with Mosquito vectors of Japanese encephalitis virus from Northern India a project supported by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. The author has over 30 years of proven expertise in preparation of catalogues, check lists and pictorial keys of insects belonging to social wasps (Hymenoptera: Vespidae & Stenogastridae) and mosquitoes (Diptera: Culicidae). During field studies, the author has discovered pathogenic property of a ciliate (microbe) first time in science. Her passion for research led her to become the inventor of the patent entitled Microbial control agent for mosquito vector of human diseases which has so far been granted by six countries, viz. USA, Australia, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Bangladesh and Philippines. The author has developed BPD Hop cage method - a simple, cost effective and programme oriented technique for effective JE vector surveillance.
- Author(s)Bina Pani Das
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2012
- Language(s)English & English
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Animal Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note55 black & white illustrations, 25 colour illustrations, 19 black & white tables, biography
- Weight266 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.87Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.