All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Michelle M. Nickerson
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication07/09/2014
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitlePolitics and Society in Modern America
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note16 halftones. 2 line illus.
- Weight371 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsList of Illustrations viii Acknowledgments ix Introduction xiii Abbreviations xxv Chapter I: Patriotic Daughters and Isolationist Mothers Conservative Women in the Early Twentieth Century 1 Chapter II: All Politics Was Local Grassroots Conservatism in Postwar Los Angeles 32 Chapter III: Education or Indoctrination? Conservative Female Activism in the Los Angeles Public Schools 69 Chapter IV: Siberia, U.S.A. Psychological Experts and the State 103 Chapter V: The Conservative Sex Women and the Building of a Movement 136 Conclusion 169 Appendix: Conservative Bookstores Operating in Southern California in the 1960s 175 Notes 179 Index 217
- Author BiographyMichelle M. Nickerson is associate professor of history at Loyola University, Chicago. She is coeditor of Sunbelt Rising: The Politics of Space, Place, and Region.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.67Trending at £5.23
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.94Trending at £6.38
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £7.82Trending at £8.34
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £6.75Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.