All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Dario Croccolo,Massimiliano De Agostinis
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2013
- GenreTransport Technology
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note98 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables, biography
- Weight189 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of Contents1.Motorbike equilibrium.- 2.The rear suspension equilibrium .- 3.Example of loads and stresses acting on the rear suspension.- 4.The front suspension.
- Author BiographyDario Croccolo gained his1st class degree in Mechanical Engineering in 1990 and qualified as an Engineer with full marks in1991. In 1992 he qualified as a Ropeways Director and obtained his PhD in 1994. From 1992 to 1995 he acted as Professor of Production Technology at the A. Meucci Technical Secondary School (Cittadella - Italy) and became Assistant Professor in 1995 at the University of Bologna, where he is attached to the DIN Department.In 2001 he became an Associate Professor of Machine Design. Since 1996 Prof. Croccolo has been in charge of the DIN Library, and in 2007 he was made Director of the Italian Design Summer School: art, society and industry supported by agreements between the University of Bologna, the University of Osaka (Japan), the Yuan Ze University (Taiwan) and the Tongji University (China). He was also involved, as scientific Coordinator, in several research activities carried out in cooperation with some important industrial companies. Since 1999 he has been in charge of the Erasmus exchange program between the University of Limerick and the University of Bologna. The research activity is mainly focused on the following fields: shaft-hub connection, threaded connection, friction coefficient definition, fatigue behaviour of materials, adhesive bolted and interference fit joints (hybrid joints). He is author of more than 120 publications, including four monographs (two of them as international editions), three contributions to book chapters, as international editions, some papers presented at national and international Conferences, some manuscripts submitted to national and international journals of which 28 are included in ISI or SCOPUS databases. Massimiliano De Agostinis gained his Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Bologna in 2007 and obtained hsi PhD in Machine Design from the University of Firenze in 2013. As research assistant at the Department of Industrial Engineering of the University of Bologna, his research activities focus on mechanical joining techniques. As a technical advisor, he took part in the design of several products in the field of motorbike suspensions.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.