All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBill Cakebread's dream to work with motorcycles led to an apprenticeship that changed his life forever. This book gives a unique insight to the excitement of working at the AMC motorcycle factory. It is an inspiring story, supported by period photographs and rare documents, and a fascinating record of the British motorcycle industry.
- Author BiographyBorn in London in 1941, Bill Cakebread's sole ambition was to work with motorcycles. This enthusiasm secured him an apprenticeship with Associated Motor Cycles Ltd. When the British motorcycle industry collapsed, he joined Peter Berthon, famous for his association with ERA and BRM racing cars. Adapting his vehicle engineering knowledge to mobile cranes, Bill then became one of this country's leading experts in crane safety, and, as Managing Director of his company, was a regular contributor of articles on the subject, as well as representing the UK at international standards meetings.
- Author(s)Bill Cakebread
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2016
- GenreRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note102
- Width207 mm
- Height250 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.82Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.