All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWalter Bridge, husband to India and father to three, is a successful lawyer in a Kansas suburb. The daily dramas of his life only serve to illuminate his prejudice, self-doubts and dreary existence - his Christmas gifts to the family are stock certificates, which he immediately takes back to manage on their behalf.
- Author BiographyEvan S. Connell was born in Kansas City in 1924. He served in the US navy in the second world war and lived briefly in Paris before returning to the US, where he wrote and supported himself with odd jobs. His incredibly varied books range from long experimental poems to a best-selling biography of General Custer, but he will be remembered above all for his two undisputed masterpieces about middle-class, suburban American life: Mrs Bridge and Mr Bridge. In 2009, he was nominated for the Man Booker International Prize for lifetime achievement, and in 2010, he was awarded a Los Angeles Times Book Prize. Evan S. Connell died in New Mexico on 10th January 2013, aged 88. Lionel Shriver grew up in North Carolina and currently lives in London. Her novels include We Need To Talk About Kevin, which won the 2005 Orange Prize and was made into a film in 2011. Her most recent book, The New Republic, came out in 2012.
- Author(s)Evan S. Connell
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication22/01/2013
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight224 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.44Trending at £4.81
- £8.36Trending at £15.39
- £13.11Trending at £14.99
- £12.77Trending at £13.45
- £5.48Trending at £9.03
- £12.14Trending at £17.10
- £7.23Trending at £9.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.