All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/04/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number89
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight986 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDennis V. Parke
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
- Table Of ContentsKeynote Address.- Mucus in Health and Disease.- Mucus Production and Its Regulation.- Functional Anatomy of Mucus-Secreting Cells.- Epithelial Cell Turnover and Mucus Production in Man.- The Morphology of the Gastrointestinal Tract.- Mucus-Producing Cells of the Tracheobronchial Tree.- Dynamic Anatomy of the Cervical Epithelium.- Influence of Pilocarpine and Ammonia Vapour on the Secretion and Structure of Cat Tracheal Mucins: Differentiation of Goblet and Submucosal Gland Cell Secretions.- Control of Biochemical Parameters in Glycoprotein Production.- Factors Regulating the Changes in Cervical Mucus in Different Hormonal States.- The Control of Submaxillary Gland Mucin Production.- Regulation of the Secretory Cycles of Mucous and Serous Cells in the Human Bronchial Gland.- Physical and Chemical Properties of Mucus.- Function and Properties of Epithelial Mucus.- Basic Rheological Concepts.- Functional Aspects of Mucus Rheology.- Physical Properties of Bronchial Secretion.- Physical Properties of Cervical Mucus.- Gastric Mucus Viscosity and Peptic Ulcer.- Studies of Glycoproteins from Mucociliary Secretions.- Chemistry and Biosynthesis of Mucin Glycoproteins.- A Tentative Model for the Structure of Bovine Oestrus Cervical Mucin.- Structure and Function in Gastric Mucus.- The Turnover of Mucin Glycoprotein in the Stomach.- Mucus in Disease.- Derangements of Biosynthesis, Production and Secretion of Mucus in Gastrointestinal Injury and Disease.- Malfunction of Intestinal Mucus and Mucus Production.- Cervical Factor in Fertility Regulation.- The Interaction between Sperm and Cervical Mucus in Couples with Antisperm Antibodies.- Modification of Mucus in Animal Models of Disease.- Mucin Histochemistry in the Detection of Early Malignancy in the Colonic Epithelium.- The Biochemical Pharmacology of Mucus.- Glycoprotein Alteration in Human Colonic Adenocarcinoma.- Treatment of Mucus Hypersection in Human Disease.- Evaluation and Treatment of Cervical Mucus Diseases Leading to Infertility.- Keynote Address.- Mucus in Retrospect.- Abstracts of Free Communications.- List of Contributors and Chairmen.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.