Multinational Management by John B. Cullen, K. Praveen Parboteeah (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £67.73Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery
- Est. delivery by 24 Feb
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £121.31Free P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by bookbarn-international
- Est. delivery by 1 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines comparative management issues, revealing the strengths and weaknesses of competitors and how to adapt organizational practices. This title covers the topics of formation and implementation of strategies in the global environment, negotiation and cross-cultural communication, international human resource management, and business ethics.
- Author BiographyK. Praveen Parboteeah is an Associate Professor of International Management at the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater. He received his Ph.D. from Washington State University, holds an MBA from California State University-Chico and a B.S. (Honors) in Management Studies from the University of Mauritius. Parboteeah's research interests include international management, ethics, and technology and innovation management. He has been involved in developing alternative models to national culture to explain cross-national differences in individual behaviors. He has published over 20 articles in journals such as the Academy of Management Journal, Organization Science, Decision Sciences, Small Group Research, Journal of Business Ethics, Management International Review, Journal of World Business and Journal of Engineering and Technology Management. Parboteeah has received numerous awards for his research. He was the 2005 Western Academy of Management Ascendant Scholar. He has also received Best Paper Awards from the Academy of Management and Global Information and Technology Management Association. Most recently, he was awarded a Certificate of Excellence for Outstanding Research by the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater and the Research Award by the College of Business. Parboteeah has been involved in many aspects of international education at the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater. He chairs the International Business Committee and is currently developing a strategic plan for the college. He is also the coordinator for exchanges with two French universities and has lectured in many countries including Mexico, South Korea, Germany, and U.K. Of Indian ancestry, Parboteeah grew up on the African island of Mauritius and speaks English, French and Creole. He currently lives in Whitewater, Wisconsin with his South Korean wife Kyong, daughter Alisha and new son, Davin. John Cullen is Professor of Management at Washington State University where he teaches courses on international management, organizational theory, strategic management, and business ethics. He has also taught on the faculties of the University of Nebraska, the University of Rhode Island, Waseda and Keio Universities in Japan (as a Fulbright lecturer), and the Catholic University of Lille in France. He received his Ph.D. from Columbia University. He consults regularly with U.S. and Japanese organizations regarding international strategic alliances and the management of ethical behavior. Professor Cullen is the author or co-author of four books and over 60 journal articles, which have appeared in journals such as Administrative Science Quarterly, Journal of International Business Studies, Academy of Management Journal, Organization Science, Journal of Management, Organizational Studies, Management International Review, Journal of Vocational Behavior, American Journal of Sociology, Organizational Dynamics, and the Journal of World Business. He also has given over 100 presentations at national and regional meetings. His major research interests include the effects of national culture and social institutions on managers and workers, the management of trust and commitment in international strategic alliances, ethical climates in multinational organizations, and the dynamics of organizational structure. Professor Cullen serves or has served on various editorial boards including the Academy of Management Journal and Advances in International Management and reviews for major journals in management and international business.
- Author(s)John B. Cullen,K. Praveen Parboteeah
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication22/04/2013
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth-Western College Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1230 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 6th revised ed
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.