Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.55
- £13.11Trending at £19.97
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £19.90
- £18.34Trending at £23.89
- £7.00Trending at £8.49
- £14.89Trending at £17.18
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the cultural terrain of East Asia. Arguing that becoming modern happens differently in different places, this work examines popular culture most notable cinema and television to see how modernization, as both a response to the West and as a process that is unique in its own right in the region, operates on a mass level.
- Author BiographyJenny Kwok Wah Lau is Assistant Professor in the Department of Cinema at San Francisco State University.Contributors: Jeroen de Kloet, Mitsuhiro Yoshimoto, Yomota Inuhiko, Frances Gateward, Hector Rodriguez, Dai Jaihua, David Desser, August Palmer, Lu Szu-Ping, and the editor.
- Author(s)Jenny Kwok Wah Lau
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/12/2002
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Content Note2 figures, 17b&w illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.