All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £28.04
- £8.24Trending at £8.90
- £8.64Trending at £11.92
- £17.94Trending at £18.51
- £8.88Trending at £11.98
- £14.54Trending at £15.37
- £23.93Trending at £24.75
About this product
- Author(s)Ernest H. Y. Chu,W. M. Generoso
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/10/2011
- Series TitleEnvironmental Science Research
- Series Part/Volume Number31
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1628 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
- Table Of ContentsGenetic Factors in Human Diseases.- Environmental mutagenesis and disease in human populations.- Clinical genetics of human cancer.- Chromosome abnormalities in cancer development.- Mutations of cellular oncogenes as a basis for neoplastic change.- Human gene mapping in the analysis of oncogenes.- Basic Concepts in Mutagenesis and Carcinogenesis.- Relationship between mutagenesis and carcinogenesis.- Theoretical basis of mutagenesis.- DNA repair processes.- The Role of DNA repair in mutation induction.- Use of the Bacilussubtilus Rec-assay in environmental mutagen studies.- Mutagenesis in yeasts.- A comparison of genotoxic activity in somatic tissue and in the germ cells of Drosophilamelanogaster.- The P-factor: a transposable element in Drosophila.- Silkworm genetics and chemical mutagenesis.- Mutation induction and detection in Arabidopsis.- Mutagenesis studies with cultured mammalian cells: problems and prospects.- The control of cell transformation, mutagenesis and differentiation by chemicals that initiate or promote tumor formation.- Dominant-lethal mutations and heritable translocations in mice.- Recessive and dominant mutations in mice.- Benzo (a)pyrene and 6-nitrobenzo (a) pyrene metabolism in human and rodent microsomes and tissue culture.- Nitrosamine metabolism and carcinogenesis.- Modification of carcinogenesis by dietary and nutritional factors.- Naturally occurring mutagens.- Reproductive Toxicology.- Teratogenesis.- A possible mechanistic link between teratogenesis and carcinogenesis: inhibited intercellular communication.- Gem cell toxicity: significance in genetic and fertility effects of radiation and chemicals.- Environmental Toxicology, Mutagenesis, and Carcinogenesis.- The science of toxicology - scope, goals and four case studies.- Mutagenicity of pesticides.- Genetic toxicology of 14 agents casually associated with cancer in humans.- Sensitivity, specificity and accuracy of the Arabidopsis assay in the identification of carcinogens.- Environmental studies in Sweden.- Research progress on environmental mutagenesis, carcinogenesis and teratogenesis in China.- A. Strategy of approach to cancer control in China.- Toxicological research in public health: the Chinese experience.- Environmental mutagenesis research at Fudan University.- The role of risk assessment in regulatory decisions in the United States.- Alternate methods for integrated evaluation of toxicity and risk assessment.- Posters.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.