All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is 1797 when Kydd, now a master's mate, sails to the fabled Rock of Gibraltar. There, in an attempt to win the heart of a lady, he volunteers to join a dangerous mission to Venice to rescue a diplomat fleeing over the Alps in the wake of Buonaparte's victories. This book is based on true events.
- Author BiographyJulian Stockwin was sent at the age of fourteen to Indefatigable, a tough sea-training school. He joined the Royal Navy at fifteen before transferring to the Royal Australian Navy, where he served for eight years in the Far East, Antarctic waters and the South Seas. In Vietnam he saw active service in a carrier task force. After leaving the Navy (rated Petty Officer), Julian practised as an educational psychologist. He lived for some time in Hong Kong, where he was commissioned into the Royal Naval Reserve. He was awarded the MBE and retired with the rank of Lieutenant Commander. He now lives in Devon with his wife Kathy. More information can be found on his website at www.JulianStockwin.com.
- Author(s)Julian Stockwin
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleThomas Kydd
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Out-of-print date04/04/2007
- Content Noten/a
- Weight699 g
- Width162 mm
- Height38 mm
- Spine242 mm
Best selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £8.36Trending at £8.93
- £18.99Trending at £20.04
- £5.37Trending at £5.66
- £7.99Trending at £10.11
- £7.54Trending at £8.08
- £2.99Trending at £3.15
- £8.19Trending at £14.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.