All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTaha Muhammad Ali was born in 1931 in the Galilee village of Saffuriyya and was forced to flee om the war in 1948. He traveled on foot to Lebanon and returned a year later to find his village destroyed. This book tells the story of this man and the culture from which he emerged. It offers a view of the people and culture of the Middle East.
- Author BiographyAdina Hoffman is the author of House of Windows: Portraits from a Jerusalem Neighborhood. Her essays and criticism have appeared in the Nation, the Washington Post, the Times Literary Supplement, and on the BBC. One of the founders and editors of Ibis Editions, she lives in Jerusalem.
- Author(s)Adina Hoffman
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/03/2009
- GenreBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note65 black-&-white illustrations
- Weight821 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £9.26Trending at £10.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £30.25Trending at £30.96
- £6.52Trending at £7.00
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.