All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEd Lowry joined the vaudeville circuit in 1910 at the age of fourteen. He never achieved stardom equal to the likes of Fred Allen, Jack Benny, George Burns, Buster Keaton, or Eddie Cantor; and he never considered himself an 'artiste'. Instead, he saw himself as a hoofer and comic simply trying to make a living on the vaude scene.
- Author BiographyPaul M. Levitt is a professor of English at the University of Colorado at Boulder. He is the editor of Vaudeville Humor: The Collected Jokes, Routines, and Skits of Ed Lowry and of Joe Frisco: Comic, Jazz Dancer, and Railbird.
- Author(s)Ed Lowry
- PublisherSouthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- GenreAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationCarbondale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouthern Illinois University Press
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byPaul M. Levitt
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.