CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on a similar product
Shop for a related product
More items related to this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.81Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
About this product
- DescriptionIn the annals of espionage, one name towers above all others: that of H A R 'Kim' Philby, the ringleader of the legendary Cambridge spies. He was one of history's most successful spy. This title introduces a fresh archetype in fiction: the unrepentant spy.
- Author BiographyHarold Adrian Russell 'Kim' Philby was born in Ambala, India, in 1912, where his father was a high-ranking civil service officer. After graduating from Westminster School in 1928, Philby went to Trinity College, Cambridge, where he became one of the 'Cambridge Spies'. After working as a journalist, Philby was recruited into the British Secret Intelligence Service in 1940 where he rose through the ranks. He was, however, working as a double agent for the KGB, continuing to do so until his defection to the Soviet Union in 1963. He wrote My Silent War in 1968 and lived out the rest of his life in Russia, where he died in 1988, an official Soviet hero.
- Author(s)Kim Philby
- Date of Publication06/11/2003
- GenreAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight182 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- ewh-edw-ikevnua...12 May, 2016by
Triggered memories of previous life ...
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.