All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/11/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number161
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1171 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byJohn J. Spitzer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
- Table Of ContentsI: Techniques to Study Myocardial Injury.- Propagation Mechanisms in Normal and Injured Myocardium.- The Possibility of Propagation Between Myocardial Cells not Connected by Low-resistance Pathways.- Effects of Injury on the Structure of Intercellular Junctions in Cardiac Muscle.- Modulation of Junctional Permeability in Cardiac Fibers.- The Role of Cell-to-Cell Coupling in Cardiac Conduction Disturbances.- A Model Study of the Effect of the Intercalated Discs on Discontinuous Propagation in Cardiac Muscle.- Adrenergic and Cholinergic Receptors.- Beta-adrenergic Stimulation of Adenylate Cyclase and Alpha-adrenergic Inhibition of Adenylate Cyclase: GTP-binding Proteins as Macromolecular Messengers.- Agonist Regulation of the Muscarinic Cholinergic Receptor in Embryonic Chick Heart.- Development and Regulation of Cardiac Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor Number, Function and Guanyl Nucleotide Sensitivity.- Regional Distribution of Choline Acetyltransferase Activity and Multiple Affinity Forms of the Muscarinic Receptor in Heart.- Neurochemical Indices of Autonomic Innervation of Heart in Different Experimental Models of Heart Failure.- Isolated Myocardial Cells and Cell Cultures.- Mechanical and Contractile Properties of Isolated Single Intact Cardiac Cells.- Studies of Substrate Metabolism in Isolated Myocytes.- Ion Movements in Adult Rat Heart Myocytes.- Cardiac Muscle Cell Proliferation and Cell Differentiation In Vivo and In Vitro.- Miscellaneous Methods.- Radionuclide Ventriculography to Evaluate Myocardial Function.- Energy Production and Utilization in Contractile Failure Due to Intracellular Calcium Overload.- Aortic Perfusion Pressure and Protein Synthesis.- The Effect of 5-Hydroxytryptamine and Arterial Blood Withdrawal on Cerebral Microcirculation in the Cat, Arterial Permeability in the Rabbit.- II: Different Types of Myocardial Injury.- Free Radicals and The Pathogenesis of Myocardial Ischemia.- Lipid Peroxidation and Acute Myocardial Ischemia.- Oxygen Radicals and Vascular Damage.- Mediation of Sarcoplasmic Reticulum Disruption in the Ischemic Myocardium: Proposed Mechanism by the Interaction of Hydrogen Ions and Oxygen Free Radicals.- Potential Oxidative Pathways of Catecholamines in the Formation of Lipid Peroxides and Genesis of Heart Disease.- Ischemic Injury.- High Energy Phosphates, Anaerobic Glycolysis, and Irreversibility in Ischemia.- Membrane Damage in Ischemia.- Intercellular Calcium Homeostasis with Extrapolations to Cardiac Ischemia.- Immunologic Insults to the Heart.- The Role of Heart Binding Antibodies in Rheumatic Fever.- Humoral Immunity and Heart Disease: Postpericardiotomy Syndrome.- Cell-mediated Immune Injury to the Heart.- Cellular Immune Mechanisms in Coxsackievirus Group B, Type 3 Induced Myocarditis in BALB/C Mice.- Chemically Induced Toxic Injuries to the Myocardium.- A Molecular Biologic Approach to Cardiac Toxicity.- Anthracycline Cardiotoxicity.- Allylamine Cardiotoxicity: Methabolism and Mechanism.- Cardiovascular Toxicity of Ionophores Used as Feed Additives.- Sensitivity and Resistance of the Myocardium to the Toxicity of Isoproterenol in Rats.- Electrocardiographic Monitoring in Toxicological Studies: Principles and Interpretations.
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.