CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/04/2012
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number194
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations
- Weight1303 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byNachman Brautbar
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1986
- Table Of ContentsI. Microcompartmentation and Energy Transport.- The Physiological Significance of the Creatine Phosphate Shuttle.- Organization of the Mitochondrial Matrix.- The Time Course of ATP Cleavage by Contracting Amphibian and Mammalian Skeletal Muscles.- Isozymes of Creatine Kinase in Mammalian Myocardial Cell Culture.- Microcompartmentation at the Mitochondrial Surface: Its Function in Metabolic Regulation.- The Effect of Inorganic Phosphate on Mitochondrial Creatine Kinase.- Hormonal Regulation of Creatine Kinase BB.- Compartmentation of Adenine Nucleotides and Phosphocreatine Shuttle in Cardiac Cells: Some New Evidence.- Compartmentation of Hormone Action in Adult Mammalian Cardiomyocytes.- Function of Creatine Kinase Localization in Muscle Contraction.- Isotope Labeling Ratios: A Tool for the Exploration of Metabolic Compartments.- The Mitochondrial Creatine Phosphokinase is Associated with Inner Membrane Cardiolipin.- A Role for Mitochondria in Myocardial Adenosine Production.- II. Respiration Control - Cellular and Organ Level.- Aspects of Heart Respiratory Control by the Mitochondrial Isozyme of Creatine Kinase.- Control of Respiration in Intact Muscle.- Energy Compartmentation and Active Transport in Proximal Kidney Tubules.- The Oxygen Dependence of Cellular Energy Metabolism.- Regulation of Mitochondrial Respiration in Liver.- Quantitation of Fluxes in the Gluconeogenic, Glycolytic, and Pentose Phosphate Pathways in Isolated Rat Hepatocytes: Energetic Considerations.- Why is There a Delay in the Increased Oxygen Consumption During the Rest-Work Transition in Skeletal Muscles.- III. Myocardial Preservation, Ischemia: Cellular Mechanisms.- Compartmentation and Functional Mechanisms in Myocardial Failure and Myocardial Infarction.- Myocardial Protection of Hypertrophied Hearts by Administration of Cardioplegia According to Regional Myocardial Temperature.- Heart Myocytes as Models of the Cellular Response to Ischemia.- Biologic Basis for Limitation of Infarct Size.- Mitochondrial Transmembrane Proton Electrochemical Potential, Di- and Tricarboxylate Distribution and the Poise of the Malate-Aspartate Cycle in the Intact Myocardium.- Sarcomere Length-tension Relationship in Toad Atrioventricular Pacemaker: Length Dependent Activation.- Myocardial Acidosis and the Mitigation of Tissue ATP Depletion in Ischemic Cardiac Muscle: The Role of the Mitochondrial ATPase.- Vascular Metabolism and Energetics.- Myocardial Glutamate Dehydrogenase Activity.- Long Term Model for Evaluation of Myocardial Metabolic Recovery Following Global Ischemia.- The Effect of Reperfusion and Streptokinase on Ischemic Myocardium Serum Creatine Kinase Activity, MM Subtypes and Myocardial Blood Flow.- Post-contracture Reperfusion: Effect of Elevated Potassium and Verapamil.- Ultrastructure of the Human Myocardium after Intermittent Ischemia Compared to Cardioplegia.- IV. Pathophysiology of Energy Compartmentation.- Cellular Injury in Phosphate Depletion: Pathogenesis and Mechanisms in the Myocardium.- Diabetes Mellitus and Hypothyroidism Induce Changes in Myosin Isoenzyme Distribution in the Rat Heart - Do Alterations in Fuel Flux Mediate These Changes?.- Glycerol Kinase Deficiency: Compartmental Considerations Regarding Pathogenesis and Clinical Heterogeneity.- Phosphorylated Nucleotides and Glycolytic Intermediates in Diabetic and Non-diabetic Rat uterus in Late Pregnancy.- Effect of Calcium Antagonists on Vasopressin Induced Changes in Myocardial and Renal Pyridine Nucleotides in the Intact Rat.- The Effect of Creatine Analogue Substitution on the Post Tetanic Response of Fast Muscle.- V. Divalent Ions and Cellular Bioenergetics.- Calcium Compartmentation in Mammalian Myocardium.- Calcium Channel Blockers, Beta Blockers and the Maintenance of Calcium Homeostasis.- Sodium-Calcium Exchange: Calcium Regulation at the Sarcolemma.- The Calcium Pumping ATPase of Heart Plasma Membrane.- Calcium Compartmentation and Regulation in Myocytes.- Ca++-Dependent and Ca++
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.