Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £0.99+ £2.99 P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by morven73
- See details for delivery est.
- £1.25+ £2.99 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by gamexchangecouk
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
About this product
- DescriptionCelebrating the triumphs and tribulations of the lovable loser is no easy thing, but filmmaker Jared Hess seems to thrive in this specific cinematic exercise. Working fresh off the success of NAPOLEON DYNAMITE, Hess finds a similarly endearing hero-without-a-clue in Ignacio, played by Jack Black (HIGH FIDELITY, KING KONG), the title character in NACHO LIBRE. Ignacio, growing up in a poor monastery in Mexico, has dreamed of being a professional wrestler since childhood. This obsession has led him to a thankless adult existence as monastery whipping-boy and chef, serving stale, day-old nacho chips to finicky orphans. In an effort to earn the respect of new nun-hottie Sister Encarnacion (Ana De La Reguera) and escape the monastery into the greedy excess of pro wrestling, Ignacio enters a local amateur competition. Along the way, he picks up the notably scrawny yet tough street urchin Esqueleto (Hector Jimenez) as his tag-team partner. The duo hilariously loses badly and repeatedly to all manner of local wrestling oddities. It is only when Ignacio recognizes a higher goal than money and glory that he can truly compete with his professional idols, including the dreaded and evil champion Ramses. Co-written with Hess's writing partner and wife, Jerusha, and noted screenwriter Mike White (CHUCK & BUCK, THE GOOD GIRL), NACHO LIBRE is stocked with real-life wrestlers doing their thing. Jack Black's over-the-top physical humor blends in perfectly with repeated viewings of his "stretchie pants" and timely flatulence. In concert, the elements fuse to distill a comedy that should appeal to all ages eager to be pinned down in a full-nelson by laughter.
- Video Trailer
- Leading Role 1Peter Stormare
- Director 1Jared Hess
- Leading Role 2Ana Dela Reguera
- Leading Role 3Hector Jiminez
- Additional Roles byJack Black
- ProducerJack Black,Mike White
- ScreenwriterMike White,Jerusha Hess
- Score ComposerDanny Elfman
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2006
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Running Time89 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- cmm253222 Jun, 2016by
jack black is quite funny-this had tiny chuckles. nothing special.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- jeepster153926 Sep, 2013by
the worst film ever
I bought this because i am a Jack Black fan well how sorry am i ? its the worst film i have ever seen. It is now sat in the chairty box.
- mariab615526 Aug, 2011by
Funny for all ages!
I bought this movie for one of my co-workers as I have seen it twice on TV & I think that it is such a funny film. I think that it would be enjoyed by all audiences. A comedy with a nice message!
- jpnjpn006 Jul, 2011by
Naaaaaaacccchhhhhooooooooooo, amazing gentle comedy of nonsense and fun.
One of my favorite films of all time. Set in mexico Nacho is a monk at an orphanidge and his responcibilities include fetcjhing the groceries for the childrens meals, he dreams of becoming a luchador (restler) and one day he meets a man who can help him harness the power of the eagle and what happens from here on is a very funny and heart warming journey of craziness. if you like silly nonsence comedy this is for you. Its the same veign as the royal tennembaums, the Darjeeling Ltd, Napoleon Dynamite. and of course it stars Jack Black. Sorry for my bad spelling.
- samanthasamanth...18 Feb, 2011by
Nacho Libre is a great film jack black is fantastic as usual. Definatley one of my favourite jack bac films. great comedy
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £12.49Trending at £19.49
- £10.99Trending at £18.73
- £4.75Trending at £6.94
- £29.99Trending at £47.68
- £15.49Trending at £19.98
- £5.49Trending at £5.74
- £24.85Trending at £26.57