All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffering a balanced overview of the health and environmental issues surrounding nanoscale materials, this book provides a complete and detailed image of the multifaceted interface between nanomaterials and their rapidly expanding real-life applications.
- Author BiographyDr Roberta Brayner was recruited as Associate Professor by Paris Diderot University in 2003 to expand its nanotechnology program. She conducts basic and applied research at the intersection of chemistry, physics and biology towards (i) Synthesis of semiconductors and noble metals using the Polyol Process (ii) the development of hybrid living materials based on micro-algae and nanoparticle interactions and also (iii) the toxicological impact of nanoparticles in the environment. Her research has been supported by grants from ANR, ECO-Sud and NanoSciences-Ile de France. Dr Roberta Brayner obtained her BS in Chemical Engineering in Brazil in 1995 and her Ph.D. in Chemistry from Paris Diderot University in 2001. She co-authored over 50 publications and 8 book chapters. She is a frequent contributor to Journal of Material Chemistry, Chemistry of Materials, Nano Letters, and other peer-reviewed journals. She is a member of the Nanoscience & Society Bureau at C-Nano Ile de France. Professor Fernand Fievet is a Senior Professor at Paris Diderot University. He conducts basic and applied research in materials science towards (i) the controlled synthesis of metallic nanoparticles and (ii) the development of high magnetic materials. He is inventor of the Polyol process. He co-authored over 100 publications. He is a frequent contributor to Advanced Materials, Journal of Material Chemistry, Chemistry of Materials, Nano Letters, and other peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Thibaud Coradin, born in 1970, is Directeur de Recherche at the CNRS since 2007. He is currently leading the Materials and Biology group in the Laboratoire de Chimie de la Matiere Condensee de Paris (UPMC-P6). His research topics include silica biomineralization, green sol-gel chemistry, bionanocomposites, biomaterials and sol-gel bioencapsulation. He co-authored over 75 publications and 10 book chapters. He is a member of the Advisory Editorial Board of Current Medicinal Chemistry and Silicon.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication08/08/2012
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note16 black & white tables, biography
- Weight771 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byFernand Fievet,Roberta Brayner,Thibaud Coradin
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.42
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.88Trending at £12.93
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.