All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery government must make unpopular demands of its citizens, from levying taxes to enforcing laws and monitoring compliance to regulations. The challenge, the author argues, is that power is not enough; the populace must also be willing to be led. He addresses this political conundrum unabashedly, using the US and Britain as his prime examples.
- Author BiographyStein Ringen is professor emeritus of sociology and social policy at Oxford University. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Stein Ringen
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication13/09/2013
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note1 b&w illustration
- Weight531 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.54Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £3.86Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.