All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNation of Letters evokes the wisdom and artistic literary expression inherent in the American experience at its best. The editors have produced an anthology of manageable size and affordable length, one that can comfortably be carried to the classroom.
- Author BiographyStephen Cushman, professor of English at the University of Virginia, earned his doctorate at Yale University. His publications include several books, including Fictions of Form in American Poetry (1993) and William Carlos Williams and the Meaning of Measure (1985). He is currently working on a book about verbal and visual representations of the American Civil War. Paul Newlin, who earned his doctorate at UCLA, has published studies on the writings of Poe, Bryant, Cooper, Hawthorne, Henry James, Stephen Crane, and Ricard Wright. A recipient of the SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching and the SUNY at Stony Brook President's Award for Excellence in Teaching, Newlin currently lives on Deer Isle, Maine.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Canada Ltd
- Date of Publication12/10/2006
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNaugatuck
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBrandy Wine Press
- Content Note5 illustrations
- Weight856 g
- Width198 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byPaul Newlin,Stephen Cushman
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.56Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.46
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.89Trending at £12.96
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.