All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn insider's guide to Vietnam.
- Author BiographyArmed with a graduate degree from the Iowa Writer's Workshop, JAMES SULLIVAN headed to Vietnam in 1993 to bike across the country. Along the way, he learned the language, became entranced with Vietnam's history and culture, and met his future wife. He lived in her hometown, Hue, for a year and told the story in his novel, Over the Moat: Love Among the Ruins of Imperial Vietnam, published in 2004. He has returned to Vietnam many times since, and he is currently living in Hue with his wife and two children, where they are refurbishing an ancient house. His travel stories have appeared in National Geographic Traveler, the New York Times, Golf Digest, Bicycling, Golf & Travel, and two Scholastic publications. British-born RON EMMONS updated and wrote new features for the 2010 edition of this guide. Now living in Chang Mai, North Thailand, Ron is the author and photographer of several books, including Portrait of Thailand and Walks along the Thames Path. His feature stories on travel, culture, nature, Buddhism, and photography appear regularly in a range of international publications. KRIS LEBOUTILLIER has photographed assignments for National Geographic Traveler, including stories about Tasmania, Singapore, Rajasthan, and Vietnam. He is the author and photographer of Journey Through Phnom Penh and Journey Through Ho Chi Minh City, both published by Marshall Cavendish. Represented by Getty Images, LeBoutilllier has worked for such diverse clients as Forbes Asia, Smithsonian, Spa Magazine, and the Discovery Channel.
- Author(s)James Sullivan
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- GenreTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Content Note120 colour photographs, 15 maps
- Weight454 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographer(s)Kris LeBoutillier
- Revised byKris LeBoutillier
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.