All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Natural Theology William Paley set out to prove the existence of God from the evidence of the beauty and order of the natural world. This edition reprints the original text of 1802, and sets the book in the context of the theological, philosophical, and scientific debates of the nineteenth century.
- Author BiographyMatthew D. Eddy is a graduate of Princeton Theological Seminary and the University of Durham and has recently held fellowships at the Dibner Institute (MIT), Harvard University, the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science (Berlin) and the University of Notre Dame's Erasmus Institute. He has just finished editing (with David M. Knight) Science and Beliefs: From Natural Philosophy to Natural Science, 1700-1900 (Ashgate,2005). David Knight has edited the British Journal for the History of Science and served as President of the British Society for the History of Science. In 2003 he received the American Chemical Society's Edelstein Award for History of Chemistry.
- Author(s)William Paley
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication17/04/2008
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight266 g
- Width130 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Volume editorDavid Knight,Matthew D. Eddy
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £12.06Trending at £12.89
- £12.37Trending at £13.50
- £8.49Trending at £11.07
- £11.99Trending at £13.20
- £6.77Trending at £9.75
- £7.99Trending at £14.54
- £26.30Trending at £26.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.