All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of articles analyzing the role played by the secondary navies of north European states within the balance of power, from 1721-2000.
- Author BiographyRolf Hobson is a Senior Research Fellow at the Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies. He has studied at the universities of Oslo and Dusseldorf and earned his doctorate in history from the University of Trondheim in 1999. He has published several articles in Historisk tidsskrift, as well as Imperialism at Sea. Naval Strategic Thought, the Ideology of Sea Power and the Tirpitz Plan 1875-1914 (2002) and Vol. III of the History of Norwegian Defence (2001, with Tom Kristiansen). Tom Kristiansen is a Senior Research Fellow at the Norwegian Institute for Defence Studies where he is responsible for the Institute's research programme on military theory and strategic studies. His recent works include 'Russerne odelaegge os; de berove os vor Naering...' Norge og Russland i nord til ca. 1820', Historisk Tidsskrift, no. 1, 1997, and (with Rolf Hobson), Total krig, noytralitet og politisk splittelse. Norsk forsvarshistorie 1905-1940, vol. III (2001).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleCass Series: Naval Policy and History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrank Cass Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRolf Hobson,Tom Kristiansen
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.